Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wilderness 101 pre- report ('10)

I wish I had more time to write, but I don't. I'm starting the drive out to Colorado today for the Breck Epic and crushing of Thom Parsons at the end of the month. I'll up date this thing with a bunch of enthralling pictures of the Midwest as I grumble across the country.

A big 25t cog from Endless Bikes just came in the mail, and I put my spare Race King on my front wheel, so now my bike should be ready for the mountains.

The 101 went great. I rode with the Pflug, Matt Ferari, and J-Pok for the first 60 miles before I got tired and dropped off. I ended up finishing 6th SS, but I was still able to break 8 hours. It was an awesome race, and I dropped over 20 places and 2.5 hours from my finish last year. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of endurance racing.

And now I need to go buy some oil so that the Grumbler doesn't blow up on the trip.

4 comments:

David Sopko said...

Good luck to you and the grumbler!

Anonymous said...

Yes, good luck to you and the grumbler.

EndlessBikeCo. said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Big Bikes said...

Dude,
sure you don't wanna run the 38 X 20? Run what ya brung bro...run what ya brung.

And I will conserve all my energy during the race just so I can blog-crush you every night.

-t