Tuesday, August 18, 2009

mo racing

My race schedule is looking different than what I have written on the right side of the screen. In addition to the Black Bear Race two weeks from now, I'm going to the New River Bike Fest this weekend, and plan on doing the Shenandoah Mountain 100 three weeks from two days ago. Confusing enough?
Black Bear - 8/30
SM100 - 9/6
Three weekends of good racing right in a row. Huzzah.
I'm going to have to go to make it to more WVMBA races than I had originally planned (just two more actually. there only be 4 left), because I have a very legit chance of finishing well in the series. I'm sitting in 7th place with only 5 of my 6 races, and none of the bonus trail maintenance points.
Now if I want to think about winning, and I always want to think about it, I'll have to come out guns a blazzin and win the last four races. Considering I've never won a race on a bike (I've won more than a few on foot,) four in a row seems like a lofty goal. But then again, the WVMBA never has seen me Metal. Perhaps the time has come to revive it from its festering home in the dirty clothes basket and don it on a quest for glory and entry fee reimbursement.
From Drop Box
indeed this is the second post i've ended with this picture. and there's nothing anyone can do about it. bwaha.
(If you want more high intensity action, check out the happenings over at the javascoots hq. Its twice as exciting as it was a month ago, and roughly 3.4 times more exciting than a colonoscopy.)

No comments: