Wednesday, December 23, 2009

out of gas

I put in 3.5 hours on the fixed gear yesterday. That is good. But I completely ran out of energy at 2.75 hours. That is not so good.

I left my house early in the late morning and rode the 9 miles out to Latrobe to hit some roads with Gregg. We headed out of town and onto some twisty and slushy back roads. The ride was nice, but I was dragging the whole time. My legs felt a little better after some cliff bar consumption, but I was still tired.

After Gregg and I parted ways, I headed back to Greensburg. Before long I totally lost it. I was so tired that I was stopping in the middle of the road and track standing before continuing to slowly pedal onward. After I finally made it home, I ate two bowls of cereal and promptly fell asleep on the couch. I guess I need to eat more when I ride in below freezing temps. Whoops.

No comments: