Thursday, February 19, 2009

brand spakin new

I've been wondering for a goodly while how a 50mm stem would feel on the big carrot.
From Worthless Garbage

(the old stemski. 90mm. yuk.)

I searched and searched for a reasonably priced 25.4 stem that didn't weigh a ton. It was surprisingly hard to find. But I eventually came upon the Spank, in a lovely blue no less, and ordered it.

From Worthless Garbage

(much better. :D)

I must say that it looks really cool. So I'm estimating that I'll net about a 2-3mile per hour gain in overall speed.
I will be very interested to see how it affects the BK's handling. It does feel easier to pull the wheel up, but I won't be able to really tell until I can get onto a trail. I'll post some updates just as soon as that happens.
Tenderfoot approves.
From Worthless Garbage

No comments: