Monday, June 8, 2009

5 from 50

I started the new job yesterday. I now work here instead of here. Actually I still work here, but only on Tuesdays.

Since I am now employed in Ohiopyle, I'm hopping that I will be able to get more time on the mountain bike since nice trails are only a hop and a skip away.
Purty aint it? (picture pirated from here)

But more importantly, the Stoopid 50 is almost here. 5 days left. I put in a crappy 2 hr mountain ride on Friday, and a good 4 1/2 hour effort road on Saturday. The good ride was on the fixed gear, had tons of climbing, and was more than 50 miles. So I think I'm ready. I hope I am.

There is so much that I don't know about endurance racing. I get one drop bag, which I'm not sure I can count on getting back, I haven't figured out what to put in it, I am not sure how often I'll have to stop for water, and I don't know what I should do when I have to pee.

The course looks like it has big climbs, and lots of twists.


I hope I don't make a wrong turn.

Along with being my first endurance race, this will be my first experience camping out before a race. I can't imagine that anything could go wrong making camp at 10 pm the night before a big race.

And if you clicked on that Tuesdays link, I hope people saw your computer and think your weird.

No comments: