Tuesday, June 30, 2009

back from beach peach from leach

I said that regularly scheduled boggatude would resume on the 27th. But I lied. The 27th was a Saturday, and blog writing never takes place on the weekend. I should have started again yesterday, but I was distracted.

By this:
Behold the glory that is the Poo Poo Thunder II! With the addition of this fine crosscheck, and the subtraction of this crappy green thing, I should once more have a bike that's reliable enough to get me to work and back. Beef gravy brown never looked soo tasty.

I took the week off while I was at the beach. I tried to keep the riding under an hour a day, and slow. I think the time off will do me good down the road, but I felt like crap on my ride after work yesterday. I spent the better part of an hour and a half chugging up the nine mile climb to the top of the trail and my beach softened legs felt like they were going to explode. Hopefully the fitness will return soon. (I'm confident that it will)


The next race on the calender is the WV Sate Championships. I haven't been able to find much information about the race, but I'm really hoping for a dry course. Knowing West Virgina, that's extremely unlikely.


One month left until the Wilderness 101. The Stoopid 50 went well, so I think I'll be fine in the 101, but I still have a lot of prep work to do. Newman-O's or Fig Newtons? That is the big question.

No comments: