Saturday, May 16, 2009

cruising to victory: part deux.1

We finally got the lady bear's sister's birthday bike finished up. It looks damn good. I would go as far as to say that its one of the coolest cycles I've built. I'll upload some more pictures from a real camera later.

Tomorrow is the Tour de Lake. I have a lot of shite I need to get together today. And directions to print. Ideally, I would like to get there without getting lost. I'm going to have the lady bear bring along her tom tom, but I fear that he is retarded. He says some crazy things in his synthetic British (English to be exact. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was Scottish. The Welsh have thier own language so they don't count.) accent. I wish he wouldn't speak at all. A nice little moving map would be so much nicer than "Turn left in....200 feet" "Turn left." "Turn LEFT" "Beeeeeeee.....rerouting." As a matter o' fact, I think I would prefer a paper map to that. I hate having a computer tell me what to do. But maybe I'm alone in that sentiment.

My front hub is squeeking. I need to get that figured out today. Oi.

Word at the local BS, (no, not that kind. bike shop.) is that the course is smooth and flowy. Should be perfect for an unsprung (with regard to front suspension) rider like myself.

2 comments:

Tess said...

well you know i can upload an irish accent for tomtom, love.

Montana said...

You go ahead and tell a Scot that an Irish accent is a fine substitute for a Scottish one.