Thursday, July 9, 2009

lost meh crag

Yesterday I took the day off from riding to do a little cross training. (by taking the day off i mean that i did a hill workout in the morning) A few amigos and I grumbled out to the Lost Crag in Dunbar, PA to climb the rocks. The crag is hidden far in the woods and requires a 30 minute hike to access. Unfortunately, the lady bear decided to wear some positively un-trail-worthy “trail shoes,” and was plagued with blisters for the duration of the day.

From My Pictures

"aw geez ah geez i hope i don't rip my pants"

I think I should probably stick to mountain biking, at least until I climb as well as this bro:


From My Pictures

From My Pictures
The length of time that he was able to stand on that ledge without making any vertical progress was astounding. It truly was a sight to behold.

We had a good time heckling and poking each other with sticks. And no one died, so it’s all in good fun.

I’m starting to get real excited for the WV State Champs. Incidentally, the rock climbing may have been good practice for the race course:

Hells yeah that's a big rock. Its a little bit different than the soggy meadow I was expecting from looking at the pictures from last year. I couldn't be happier.

Saddly I'm not going to be able to get out there on Saturday to do the pre-ride thing, but since the race is so close (2.5 hours) maybe I'll be able to check out some of the course in the morning. I've been feeling really good on my rides lately, and with my new cycle mounted pogo stick I should be able to descend with some speed. Huzzah.

I need to start adhering to a regular blogging schedule at some point. I never write in the morning, so I'm thinking Sunday night to Thursday night. A 'read about today tomorrow' kind of deal.

No comments: