Monday, February 28, 2011

Natalie Portman and Peeps

Don Powers clicked in our registration for 9 Hours of Cranky Monkey. Along with the Mohican 100, that brings the 100% official race schedule up to two. To prepare for the pain of those races, I went to see Black Swan with Colleen.


As much as I love irrational women, dancing and watching someone clip their finger nails, I couldn't get into the movie. I won't say it was terrible, but I will say that I hated it.

After watching Nataile Portman cry and vomit for two hours, I needed something to cheer me up. So we went to a drug store and looked at Peeps.

Ah. Much happier.

We were in Slippery Rock all weekend visiting some friends, and I hoped to get out to Moraine, but it seemed like the trails would be too snowy. A shady arcade/ bowling ally seemed like a reasonable alternative. It was worth it when Colleen was crushed mistaken for a teenager and hit on by some sweaty pre-teen in Dance Dance Revolution.

(Had I been brave enough to face him, that sweaty pre-teen would have crushed me even worse. He was a damn fine dancer. And more fun to watch than Natalie Portman.)

The next day we drove back down the spine of Pennsylvania to the Ohiopyle Metropolitan area. Given my gay little convertible's status as the happiest car in the world, I've decided to name it The Toot. I'd rather be on a bike, but when I can't be, this is a step in the right direction.


3 comments:

Rin Liddel said...

They seriously have Peeps out already? OK that's just false hop in my book, cuz Peeps = warm weather and spring and there's no telling if the weather will stay nice >.<

Unknown said...

BUT.

Colleen>Montana at DDR x 10000000.

the original big ring said...

What do you mean you "looked" a peeps?!?! WTF dude! Why didn't you eat any . . . and when I mean 'any', I mean a lot. A lot a lot!

cheers

jebus loves you