Wednesday, October 21, 2009

a new grumbler

I mentioned yesterday that the Grumbler would be getting some new clothes in the form of blue and yellow rustolem:

From Drop Box


A little stirring, a foam roller, and three hours later, a new Grumbler was born:
From Drop Box
Short bus vomit green never looked so damn good. I have a little work left to do in the form of wet sanding, another coat, and trimming. And I still I have to apply the piece de resistance from the lady bear that has been in a bag since graduation. More on that when the time comes. In the mean time, be on the look out for an incredibly obnoxious lime green Cherokee grumbling to a race near you.

This weekend is shaping up to be another double header with Murrysville 'Cross on Saturday, and the Month of Mud finally on Sunday at Moraine. The plan is to race the U19 and cat 3/4 on Saturday. I have to admit, I feel kind of weird doing a junior race. I wouldn't say that I feel like I'm sandbagging, because I'm sure that there are people my age that can blow my doors off, but I've never done a race with just my age group. Craziness. But I could never pass up a $20 race with a $10 dollar refund. That's a steal.