Tuesday, October 13, 2009

the new plan for apple custard

My cycle's cockpit has been reassembled the way Odin intended it:

From Drop Box
(This picture makes me real dizzy. Stare at it for a while. And you shall be dizzy as well. Or maybe I'm just crazed.)

It's about time to start pre-planning (not really. but I don't know what else to write about) the races I want to do next year. Presently, the plan is to hit 3 or 4 100's (Lumberjack/Cohutta, Mohican, Wilderness, Shenandoah) The Wilderness 101 and Mohican are for sure, because they don't require to much driving and I can procrastinate on registration. The other ones I'll have to play by ear as the time to pay the promoters large sums of money approaches.

Crush the Commonwealth is for certain on the list. 400 unsupported miles across my home state, and it won't cost me a penny. Whats not to like?

Although now that I think about it, 400 miles is a long ass ride. Eh. It couldn't be that hard right? Maybe I'll buy the thunder a freewheel for that one.

I'm going to attempt to plan my WVMBA participation a little better so that I don't end up driving 6 hours for a 2 hour race. I know that this past summer I missed many of the races that were near my home out of shear ignorance. However, plans aside, I'll probably end up doing as many races as I need to to stay competitive in SS.

This year, I still have the final Month of Mud race at Moraine State Park, one or two 'cross races in WV, and the Dirty Dozen in November.

Speaking of the Month of Mud, I'm currently 4th overall with my one missed race. Though it's unlikely, if I have a good day at Moraine, I could move into 3rd.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Too bad you missed the first race.....you clearly deserve 2nd overall. My ass can't hang on your wheel when you come past me.

Steve Bedilion

Montana said...

Well thanks man. But attendance is certainly as important as finishing well.

But in all honesty, I think we should both be glad that your ass can't hang on my wheel. I don't feel like that would be comfortable for you, and in fact I'm not even sure that I could turn the cranks over with an ass adding so much rotational mass to my tire